Pediatric Eye Care in El Cajon, CA
Schedule an appointment online or call (619) 444-1153 today.
Visual health and good vision is something that must start at an early age. This is why getting the right pediatric eye care for your children is so important. We want to make it easy for you as a parent to get your child’s eyes the care they need.
At Main Street Optometry, we take our job of helping kids and their parents very seriously and we are passionate about providing upstanding care to all patients.
We have experience with an array of pediatric eye conditions and problems and pay close attention to preventative care to protect the eyes of your child for the future.
The Importance of Regular Pediatric Eye Exams
There is a lot riding on your child’s ability to see well–their vision affects everything from how they develop to how well they perform in school. Therefore, making sure your child gets regular eye exams is crucial to their overall well-being.
Here are a few things you need to know about pediatric eye exams:
- Your child should have their first comprehensive eye exam at the age of six months old.
- Your child should have an eye exam when they are three years old and then again just before they start school, which will be around the age of five or six.
- Your child should then have an eye exam every two years unless there are vision problems.
What Are Some of the Most Common Pediatric Vision and Eye Problems?
Regular eye exams can help detect vision problems early so preventative care or corrective treatment can be implemented.
Some of the most common pediatric eye conditions and concerns include:
- Nearsightedness or farsightedness
- Eye movement issues
- Strabismus or crossed eyes
- Focusing isssues
- Development issues that affect vision
- Eye injuries and safety concerns
Keep Your Child’s Vision in Check with Our Help
Here at Main Street Optometry, we make it easy to ensure your little one gets proper attention to eye health.
If you would like to schedule an appointment for a pediatric exam in El Cajon, CA, call us at (619) 444-1153 or fill out this form to schedule an appointment.
Or give us a call (619) 444-1153