Routine Eye Exams are Essential
If you can’t remember your last eye exam, it might be time to check in with us!
Your eye exam isn’t always about updating your prescription and picking out a brand new pair of frames. Our top-of-the-line diagnostic equipment scans and assesses for any abnormalities and eye disease. Eye conditions can significantly impact your vision, and they often appear without warning signs or symptoms.
Your optometrist can answer any questions you have about your eye health, prescription updates, contact lenses, or laser surgery at any point during your exam. We strive to create a family-focused, friendly environment and want you to feel cared for and comfortable.
Contact us today, and let’s work together to achieve total vision health!
How Often Should I Have an Eye Exam?
Routine eye exams are an essential step towards overall eye health, and healthy vision starts with preventative health care. Ensuring we know the general baseline of your eyes’ health and keeping any changes well documented will help us determine any vision issues at the onset.
For your optometrist to gain in-depth knowledge about your vision and lifestyle, it’s essential to schedule appointments regularly. At Main Street Optometry, we recommend annual eye exams until we can get a picture of your eyes’ total health.
Once we know you and your eyesight a little better, we may recommend the exam frequency suggested by the American Optometric Association:
- Adults between 18 and 64 should undergo an eye exam at least every 2 years (or as advised by their optometrist if considered high-risk).
- Adults over 65 should undergo annual eye exams (or as advised by their optometrist, if considered high-risk).
Conditions that are considered “high-risk” include:
- Eye diseases
- Family history of eye disease
- Occupations that are hazardous to the eyes
- Medications with visual side effects
- Functional vision in only one eye
- Eye surgery or an eye injury in the past
- High or progressive refractive errors
- Health conditions with side effects that impact eyesight, like diabetes
Working Together Towards Total Vision Health
Your eyesight is in great hands. Our comprehensive eye exams are tailored to each individual patient, and we will go out of our way to make sure that you feel informed and comfortable. And don’t forget to peruse our extensive collection of stylish designer frames, contact lens brands, and sunglasses!
Main Street Optometry is ready to work with you towards your total vision health. We are a vibrant practice filled to the brim with kindness and experience. We are your neighbors in El Cajon, so come on in and meet the team. We’ve been waiting for you!
Come See What We’re About
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed