Make the Connection
Vision therapy is a personalized program that helps adults and children strengthen the connection between the eyes and brain. In some individuals, the communication between these two powerhouse systems in our bodies is slow to develop.
Your vision requires a strong connection between the visual centers and the brain to understand and interpret the images projected. If your visual skills are not fully developed, you may experience difficulties with reading and writing activities.
Vision therapy can help correct these eye conditions:
What Is Vision Therapy?
You may laugh when we say that vision therapy is like having a personal trainer for your eyesight! However, this kind of therapy is designed to train and strengthen your visual skills.
Our optometrists will work with your visual system and provide exercises to help your brain interpret visual information, which can lead to reading, writing, and concentration improvements. Both adults and children can benefit from vision therapy.
Vision therapy may be effective if you:
- Experience headaches or fatigue after reading
- Have poor hand-eye coordination
- Frequently squint or tilt your head
- Need to use a finger to keep track when reading
- Favor the vision in one eye
- Have double vision
- Have difficulty following a moving target
- Experience dizziness or motion sickness
- Read below grade level
- Lose place, repeat, or omit words while reading
- Confuse similar words, such as “was” and “saw”
- Reverse letters such as b, d, p, and q
- Have spelling difficulties
- Dislike or avoid homework
- Write numbers backward
- Have a low attention span
- Have messy handwriting
What Can I Expect in a Vision Therapy Session?
Depending on your personalized needs, a vision therapy session could include a variety of the following activities:
- Therapeutic lenses
- Balance boards
- Electronic targets with timing mechanisms
There are various visual tools available at our optometrists’ disposal, and you can expect an individualized program designed with your specific needs in mind.
Practice makes perfect! Commitment to the exercises recommended by your optometrist will help ensure the success of the therapy.
Come See What We’re About
Book Your Appointment
You can find our practice at the corner of E Main Street and Claydelle Avenue. We are across from the courthouse & The Magnolia building. Regular and accessible parking is available right out the front door!
- 303 E Main Street
- El Cajon, California 92020
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: By Appointment Only
- Sunday: Closed