Total Myopia Program
Myopia, also known as nearsightedness, is a common refractive error that affects lots of children. Myopia causes distant objects to appear blurry and our team screens for myopia in each child’s eye exam. We work with you and explore myopia control methods that can help your kids enjoy clear, healthy vision.
We are also thrilled to announce the “Total Myopia” program!
The Total Myopia medical professionals and their dedicated team employ modern technology to assess, care for, and develop tailored treatment strategies for every patient. These comprehensive strategies include:
- Customized eye drops, soft multifocal contacts, and overnight lenses
- A systematic approach with scheduled follow-up appointments to help sustain eye health through consistent medical oversight and management
- Assessments aligned with the individualized treatment plan for each patient
- Thorough training on the proper usage, insertion, and removal of contact lenses
- An ongoing maintenance regimen for effective myopia control, with a focus on achieving lasting results
Protection From Myopia
Myopia is more commonly known as nearsightedness. It is a refractive error that affects nearly 40% of Americans. We include myopia screening during every children’s eye exam at Main Street Optometry. Luckily, vision problems resulting from this condition improve significantly with prescription glasses or contact lenses, and we have a wide variety of frames available in our showroom!
What Is Myopia?
Experts cannot define what causes myopia, but speculate that it can be a hereditary condition. Spending considerable amounts of time reading or working on a computer can also affect the development of myopia.
Children & Myopia
Myopia is prevalent in children, and doctors are looking at different methods for slowing the development of this condition. Vision degradation from myopia is easily corrected with glasses and contact lenses. Your optometrist cannot reverse myopia, so the primary goal of treatment is to prevent the condition from worsening.
- Squint persistently
- Experience headaches
- Need to sit closer to the television, movie screen, or the front of the classroom
- Be unaware of distant objects
- Blink excessively
- Rub their eyes frequently
We Can Help With Myopia
We offer high-quality vision care and have a genuine interest in the well-being of your entire family. We provide a safe and comfortable environment and conduct all treatments with compassion and respect. Bring your family in to meet ours!
Come See What We’re About
Book Your Appointment
You can find our practice at the corner of E Main Street and Claydelle Avenue. We are across from the courthouse & The Magnolia building. Regular and accessible parking is available right out the front door!
- 303 E Main Street
- El Cajon, California 92020
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Tuesday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Wednesday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
- Friday: 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: By Appointment Only
- Sunday: Closed